Asiatic Jasmine (Trachelospermum asiaticum)
Asiatic Jasmine has a dense, low growth habit and lush dark green foliage that makes it an excellent choice for use as a groundcover. In fact, Trachelospermum asiaticum just may be a perfect solution if you are tired of dealing with a grass lawn! These are versatile plants and they grow fast, so we also love to use them as coverage for slopes or for filling in planters and borders. One of their prized characteristics are its small, creamy yellow flowers that can fill the air with a pleasing fragrance when in bloom during the summer. Some people also love to grow them as a vine, where they look impressive twining up a chain link fence, wall or picket fence!
Also known as Asian Jasmine, these evergreens like to grow where there is partial to full sun exposures and have low to moderate watering needs once established. They have been known to tolerate salt as well as pollution so they are an excellent choice for coastal areas and urban landscapes, where they are often planted to add some lush color near streets. For optimal results, we recommend feeding with our Super Charged Moon Juice and with a simple trim, it can help renew springtime growth.
Shrubs such as Asiatic Jasmine are ideal for adding curb appeal. Palm Paradise can assure you that we have the finest quality specimens anywhere. Come visit us today and see for yourself!
- Also known as Asian Star Jasmine, Asian Jasmine
- It is not actually a jasmine, but it does have the similar fragrance that true jasmines are known for
- An easy care plant with year round interest
- An excellent alternative to a grass lawn!
- Can tolerate a wide range of soils
- Grows wild in Korea and Japan and is commonly used as a groundcover in SoCal
- No major pests or diseases to worry about
Extremely fragrant star -shaped white flowers in spring
Ground cover for shade to part sun
Lush dark green foliage
Can be a vine with support